Saturday, May 26, 2012

IMITATORS !!!!!

" Be yourself; no base imitator of another, but your best self. There is something which you can do better than another. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. Do the things at which you are great, not what you were never made for.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Its amazing the things that I see happening. It would appear that the majority of so called photographers have lost their ways or they are mad. I see with great regularity where photographers just simply imitate another photographers work as if its no big deal. Nothing is wrong to be inspired by another, but good God dudes......must you all do the very same and exact thing that you saw? Can you not change the scenario? Put a twist to what you saw.  Put your inner self in it. Do you all read books or literature that can stimulate your  left and right brain to produce ideas of your own?  Jeez!!! you all make this seem so difficult when its not...seriously. In my view you are just simply lazy bums who sit, wait, take then go on a hype spree proclaiming that you all are the best and blah blah blah !!!!!!! If you all are the best let your work do the talking and let the world decide that. But guess what I am not into any form of hype as I am simply doing what I like best which is to create images in my own world. I am an image maker first and a photographer second and definitley not into a competition with anyone.

I was so disappointed by a recent wedding post published in a local newspaper and a particular photographer who proclaims that he is the best simply copied my ideas and had the audacity to post . This of course was brought to my attention by not one or two clients of mine but four. Four clients who knows the images that I create and that one in particular. Dude seriously I did not expect to see something like this and really had to voice my opinion on this matter. It is so funny as it was last saturday that I saw an attempt by another photographer to imitate an image by a well known international image maker and was discussing that with a friend of mine and what do you know, I saw my very own image scenario being imitated. Dudes its not the first or the second time am seeing these things being done by you all. YOU NEED TO STOP THIS  IMMEDIATELY. STOP STEALING!!!!! You all must have your own initiative; and not be mere imitators.  Learn to think and create your own stuff  and be free. Please note that the qoute above was not my own but guess what I did not claim it as mine I gave the owner  his credit for such. I do hope you will read every line and follow same as then again imitating is simply what you know best.....always the follower and not the leader.

As Igor Stravinsky quoted  " What gives the artist real prestige is his imitators".
Thank you for giving me that prestige.

1 comment:

  1. be flattered hon.... one thing with IMITATORS, they lack the confidence that the originator has, and people who KNOWS quality, can 'smell' that insecurity... you have nothing to worry about... keep doing what you're doing... cant wait to work with you... whoop!

    ReplyDelete